Vegan Rhubarb Crisp
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: ~35-45 minutes; Yield: ~6×9 Pyrex or 8×8 dish
2. the large-leaved Eurasian plant that produces rhubarb.
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb, 3/4″ pieces
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour (I used a mixture of whole wheat and pastry flour)
- ½ cup, Earth Balance, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Chop the rhubarb and gather the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Mix together the flour, melted Earth Balance, brown sugar, and rolled oats.
- Spread the filling mixture into a pyrex pan.
- Cover the mixture evenly with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown. The filling should be bubbling.
- Remove to cool.
- Dust with vegan powdered sugar. Serve with vegan whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!