***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~30 minutes; Cook Time: ~12 minutes; Yield: 24 cookies
Highly modified and adapted version of these cookies from the Vegetarian Snob.
- ½ cup, brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup , vegan butter, softened (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 flax egg (or one Ener-G Egg Replacer Egg)
- ¼ cup, vegan sugar or sugar alternative like Truvia or Splenda
- 2 tsp, pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cup, of whole wheat flour (alternatively, all purpose flour will work fine)
- ½ tsp, salt
- ½ tsp, baking soda
- ½ tsp, pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp, ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp, ground nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup, vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup, raw pepitas
- ¼ cup, crystalized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking try with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vegan butter, brown and white sugars, flax egg (or alternative egg replacer), and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, salt, and spices (pumpkin pie, ground cardamom, ground nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne) and thoroughly mix.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients.
- Rapidly stir together until the mixture is well combined, and there are no clumps or dry areas.
- Fold in the vegan chocolate chips, crystalized ginger and pepitas.
- Roll golf-ball sized dough balls in your hands.
- Place the dough balls on the baking sheet about two inches apart, and slightly flatten them.
- Bake for ~11-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on cooling racks for at least 15 minutes.