I have a confession. My partner and I eat pasta more often than we should. However, we very seldom make garlic bread to go on the side. Being vegan, I can’t just goto the store to pick up Texas Toast so our meal is usually missing a hearty bread helping. BUT no more!
Cory recently made quick & easy—and even more so tasty—compound butter for garlic bread. It used just three ingredients and was done in a pinch! A spoonful of this classic compound butter really takes bread to another level. It’s worth the small amount of prep time! Check it out below and treat yourself to some indulgent garlic bread this week!
Garlic Compound Butter (& garlic bread bonus!)
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back.
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 3-4 tbsp. stick Earth Balance
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 large crusty Italian bread loaf
- 1 tsp. pizza seasoning or any oregano/ basil blend
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the bread loaf into 1″ slices almost all the way down the loaf, but leaving it connected at the bottom.
- Mince the garlic cloves.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, minced garlic and the seasoning.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Generously slather the butter on each side of the individual slices.
- Place the buttered bread in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!